By Cocktail Queen of Mount Tamborine
Link to original article: https://www.instagram.com/cocktailqueenofmounttamborine
Who doesn’t love a good cocktail at Christmas?
Hey guys, my dear friend Helen Maggs aka ‘Cocktail Queen of Mount Tamborine’ has outdone herself with a gluten-free cocktail recipe for us all just in time for Christmas. I reached out a little while ago to Helen to come up with an awesome Gluten-Free cocktail for us all. Navigating the world of gluten-free alcohol can be somewhat confusing at the best of times, let alone coming up with a gluten-free cocktail recipe for what I think is the best holiday season of the year!
Below is the link & instructions to the ‘How to Make the Pink Peppermint Christmas Cocktail (Peppermint Cocktail Recipe)’, – the ‘How to Make Candy Cane Infused Vodka’ & ‘How to Make the Vanilla Syrup’ videos on Youtube.
In case you are wondering, the White Creme De Cacao is Gluten Free, as she emailed the VOK company to check just to take extra special care of us.
1. Gluten Free – “Pink Peppermint Cocktail Recipe”
- 60ml Candy Cane Infused Vodka
- Homemade & Gluten Free
- 60ml VOK White Creme De Cacao
- Gluten-Free -30ml Vanilla Syrup
- Homemade & Gluten Free
- 15ml Cream
- Build ingredients into a Shaker with Ice & Shake
- Strain into a Martini Glass -Garnish with Gluten-Free Candy Cane, Gluten-Free Sprinkles, Red Bow, and Rudolph
*If you are Dairy Free, just omit the cream, it is just as delicious.
2. Gluten Free “Candy Cane Infused Vodka“
- Gluten-Free Vodka
- I used KAI Vodka, distilled from rice
- 10 x Gluten Free Candy Canes
1. Pour out around 60ml Vodka and set aside.
2. Place the Candy Canes into the Vodka Bottle.
3. The Candy Canes will dissolve in about 1 hour.
4. Place in a dark cupboard for 5 days.
5. Store in the Freezer.
3. “Vanilla Syrup” – Cocktail Queen of Mount Tamborini
- 1 cup Water
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Vanilla Bean
1. Place the Water and Sugar into a saucepan.
2. Split the Vanilla Bean with a Knife & place it into a saucepan.
3. Bring to a Simmer for a few minutes.
4. Take off the heat and allow to steep for 1 hour.
5. Strain into a Bottle & store in the fridge – will last 2 weeks.
Well, guys, I hope you enjoy and please check out Helen’s other amazing cocktails on her YouTube Channel.
Ready to try something new in the kitchen? Our recipe blogs are the perfect place to start! Explore our collection of gluten-free recipes designed with Celiac Disease in mind, and discover new and exciting ways to nourish your body.
- The Yummiest Healthy Black Bean & Mint Brownies – 40 Minutes Recipe
- Raw Vegan Berry Cheesecake For Easter
- The Perfect Dinner: San Choi Bau Is On The Menu Tonight
Remember to always stay curious and continue learning. Thank you for taking the time to read my post. Until next time…Jodes