This would have to be one of my favorites. I love that this recipe is totally customizable to suit any taste. Below are the ingredients and quick method to make it – if you try it out, please post a pic. You really can’t stuff this one up, it’s lean, green, and healthy. If you have a nut allergy, just omit the nuts and swap to toasted sunflower seeds instead 🙂
San Choi Bau: A Versatile and Healthy Recipe
Ingredients: Everything You Need to Make San Choi Bau
- Iceberg Lettuce or you can use Cos
- 1/2 kg beef mince
- 1/2 kg port mince
- 1 grated carrot
- a couple of cloves of garlic minced
- glug of sesame oil
- glug of GF soy sauce or tamari
- glug of GF fish sauce
- glug of GF oyster sauce
- handful peanuts toasted
- small container of water chestnuts diced
- 2 handfuls of diced mushrooms
- few sprigs of shallots chopped
- a handful of bean sprouts
- red chilli deseeded and julienned.
- Coriander to taste
Quick Method: How to Make San Choi Bau in No Time
1. Prepare your lettuce boats to a place ready.
2. Cook garlic, mince, carrot, and sauces in a hot pan till almost cooked.
3. Add in the mushrooms, chestnuts, peanuts, chilli, and some coriander. Stir fry quickly on high heat.
4. Serve up with some added beansprouts, chilli, and coriander on top for garnish. Voila’!!????
Don’t miss out on our other recipe blogs, featuring a range of delectable and nutritious dishes perfect for those following a gluten-free lifestyle due to Celiac Disease. From breakfast to dessert, we’ve got you covered!
- The Yummiest Healthy Black Bean & Mint Brownies – 40 Minutes Recipe
- Best Pink Peppermint Cocktail Recipe For Christmas
- Raw Vegan Berry Cheesecake For Easter
Want some other versions of San Choi Bau – check out Pinterest
Remember to always stay curious and continue learning. Thank you for taking the time to read my post. Until next time…Jodes